Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
PATIENT BILL OF RIGHTS AND RESPONSBILITIES
- The right to obtain information about his/her conditions in terms he/she can understand.
- The right to information about his/her care before giving consent.
- The right to treatment within the organization.
- The right to considerate and respectful care.
- The right to refuse treatment.
- The right to continuity of care.
- The right to privacy and confidentiality of medical condition and medical records.
- The right to examine and receive an explanation of his/her bill.
- The right to file a grievance.
- The right to know the rules and regulations of the company that applies to his/her responsibility as a patient/client.
- The right to know how to contact his/her equipment company after hours or in an emergency.
- The patient/client has a responsibility to follow the rules and regulations of the company that is providing equipment/care.
- The responsibility to provide correct and complete information.
- The responsibility to comply with instructions.
- The responsibility for actions when refusing treatment.
- The responsibility for care of equipment.
- The patient/client is responsibility for the care and maintenance of rental equipment while in their possession.
- The responsibility to fulfill financial obligations.
- The responsibility to be respectful and considerate to those providing them with care.
- The responsibility to keep company informed of changes of address, phone numbers, changes in health insurance coverage and/or other contact information on a timely basis.
- The responsibility to inform company when equipment/service is no longer needed or being used by patient.